Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Destiny

I'm so excited about my destiny.  I'm so excited about what the future holds for me and my family that at times it feels as though I will burst.  I was reading a fellow mom's blog when one of the quotes caught my eye.  It said, "Destiny appoints one, but affects many... your destiny will always involve a group of people." (Thanks Allison) To me that line was so awesome!  It reminds me that it's not about me.  MY own journey is not about me and I'm so glad!  I'm so glad to be doing this for others and not just myself.  I've always known that my life would have a great purpose.  I don't say that to be conceited at all, but it's always been a knowing between myself and God that I would do great things for His purpose. Those things may not be on a national scale, but great things in His eyes, nonetheless.

Even from the time I was a small child I felt the difference in me.  I did not always appreciate that difference, but I knew it was there.  I even remember a time as a teenager that I prayed that God would harden my heart, not to the point of cruelty, but just to the point where things wouldn't affect me so deeply.  Just to the point where I wouldn't be so sensitive about things that most people don't even think about.  I was born with such an empathetic heart that it gets exhausting at times.  For my good, but for His glory.  Let's just say a harder heart is not His will concerning me.  I feel so blessed to be in a position that I am finally ready to hear what He has for me to do.  I've been taking care of my own agenda for quite some time now and it's time to reign it in.  I've been humbled to a point where I can do NOTHING but depend on Him.  He knew when He called me that this would not be easy for me.  A strongly independent woman having to depend on others for so much.  A helper having to ask for help.  An inherently shy person being able to share my life and story with others.  But those things are part of the process, I'm sure of it.

My family and I have been so blessed this holiday season.  We all had a great Christmas and everyone was well!  I usually don't ask for anything for Christmas, but this year I asked for a new camera (ok, picked out a camera) and got it.  But, not only did I get that, but I got things that no one but God knew I even wanted.  That's how much my God cares about me.  I'm so very blessed. And the kids were so appreciative of everything, which is something I'm always talking to them about.  Not one complaint on Christmas morning without even being reminded.  That just blessed my soul.  I was able to bless my husband with things he needed as well.  He doesn't ever ask for much.  Actually all he asked for were t-shirts and socks, which made me want to bless him all the more.  We've come a long way as a family.  Having 6 people under one roof can be overwhelming, but I cannot imagine our lives without all 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment