Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Charity

Don’t really know what I’m going to write about today.  Not that my life hasn’t been eventful, it’s just a matter of choosing which events to write about.  Right now, 3 of the 4 kids are under the weather.  Christopher has the flu, Destiny has an ear infection, and Kennedy’s just feeling yucky.  Half the time we don’t really know what’s wrong with her, but we definitely know when she’s not feeling well.  We will be so grateful when she can actually communicate with us and tell us what is hurting her.  Right now we get lots of whining and lots of crying, especially in the middle of the night, when she’s not feeling well.  It’s a guessing game that requires us to cooperate in ways we never imagined.
BTW, Kennedy's surgery went great.  The doctor said that once he “got in there”, the tethering was minor.  The doctors and staff at the hospital were great.  We only had once nurse that didn’t get it, but overall, it was fine. She is recovering well.  Kennedy update:  Her tethered cord release went well.  She was supposed to get tubes in her ears a few weeks ago, but was not feeling well enough for surgery.  She does not get to see her cleft palate doctor until April, which we’re pretty annoyed about since we’ve BEEN ready for the palate to be repaired!  We’re praying that it’s all in God’s timing though.
On a personal note, I am feeling so spiritually full and encouraged!  We have been going through a bit of a revival of sorts at our church lately.  God has been doing awesome things!  I keep getting confirmation after confirmation of His love for me.  I don’t take any of it for granted.  I’m so thankful for the people that He’s placed in our lives.  I read this quote by Maya Angelou:  To be charitable with gestures and words can bring enormous joy and repair injured feelings.  That said a mouthful for me!  Her writing was discussing the difference between philanthropy and charity.  She discussed how philanthropy usually comes in the form of gifts and/or money, but charity can come in all forms.  How it does come in all forms for our family!  From the kind word, to the heartfelt smile, to the offer for babysitting, and even money!  I just pray that I am able to be as charitable, or more, to others as others have been to me.  We know from the Bible that the root of charity is love.  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.” –I Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment