Saturday, September 11, 2010

Next Journey

(Originally posted 08-18-10)  This post is going to be quick, so that means probably full of errors. We are continuing our marathon in the Kennedy race. To update the 4 people that actually read this blog: Two weeks ago I had to take Kennedy to Louisville to have a sedated CT scan and x-ray. The CT scan is something that her neurologist requires before performing surgery. Last week she was in the hospital for 2 days for an upper respiratory infection and asthma. She is home now and doing quite well. She is having surgery on her spine in the morning. I should be on my way to Louisville right now, but I've procrastinated as usual and I'm not even at home packing. I was assuming (and you know what happens when you assume) that the surgery was outpatient because we're registering at the Outpatient floor and the doctor's office never told me otherwise. Well, I called the doctor's office after my husband urged me to in order to find out what time we'll probably be going home. That's when they told me that the surgery would require a 2-3 day stay in the hospital. WHAT!!! 2-3 days? I had not planned on 2-3 days. I had planned on going up the night before and leaving the day of surgery. That's what happens when you assume.


The nurse I talked to was very nice. We even talked about my daughter's birthday party, which is supposed to be this Saturday. "Should I cancel the birthday party? My other daughter is turning 4 and it's on her actual birthday." She informed me that I should in fact cancel the birthday party. The party I can cancel, the birthday I cannot. I have never been away from any of my children on their birthday. I am their mom after all. What to do? I have meetings scheduled for Friday--- you know, the day after I thought I was coming back. This change in plans has thrown me way off. So now, I have to figure out what to do with my other 3 kids, what to do about Destiny's birthday party, cancel my testing at work, get someone to cover my meetings, do my paperwork before my meetings, pack for 5 people for 4 days. Can you say AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Thank God that I have some of THE best family there is to have. Thank God I work with some of the BEST people there are to work with. They love God. They love me. They want what's best for me and my family. It's awesome! God knew what He, in His infinite wisdom, was doing when He put me in this family. He knew what He was doing when He put me in this job. I have had many opportunities to leave my job and leave my hometown, but it has not been God's will. He has shown me time and time again that He will bless me for staying in His will. "For all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose." Don't know if I quoted that correctly. Don't care. And don't have time to look it up. All I know is that I am called for His purpose and things are, and will, work together for my good.

Continue to pray for me and my family. We'll take all the prayers we can get. Pray for my baby Kennedy and her surgery. After the surgery she has to stay on her belly for 24 hours and if you know Kennedy, getting her to lie on her belly for 24 minutes is a task! She will cry. She will whine. She will scream. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth involved, and that will be her parents! So, again, please pray for us all. Pray for our journey.

Thank you and God bless you on YOUR journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment